I was raised in your typical LDS home. We were taught the faith of living Close to a Father in Heaven and his Son, Jesus Christ, that ascended to Earth to Die for our Sins. That was the fundamental teachings of my home. My Father was a Strong influence in our home as far as the LDS Church was concerned. We were brought up knowing who we were and what our purpose was on this Earth. I knew that I lived in Heaven and had a Father and Mother that knew me before I came to Earth. I was taught that this time on Earth was a time to prove our selves. That we must be obedient to commandment that our Savior taught through his ministry. I know that there will be a time after this life, that we will be face to face with our Savior and have to account for the lives we have lived and how we have over come our challenges. This is my core belief.
I had a Mother that showed by her example, of how to forgive and love. She was one that believed the best in people (She was hoping OJ Simpson was not guilty) She believed that people were fundamentally good inside and this is what she taught her children.
We didn't have the perfect family. We had many challenges and struggles. We were the family that would try to do what was asked, Home Evening, Scripture Study but fell short often but I cannot remember a time we did not go with out Family Prayer. That was done every evening and I knew my parents loved me through their prayers. They would talk to our Father in Heaven about concerns they would have for us. We knew we were loved.
I had many good influences through out my life. Many great examples of people striving to live Christ Centered lives. So you see, I was taught the "Learning's of My Fathers."
My Husband came from the same environment. He had a very faith based family. We grew up in the same small town. We both knew each other's families all though we didn't know each other that well. We knew about each other and that was all. His family was the "perfect family" as far as I was concerned. I couldn't even fathom that they had struggles like other families. His dad was a Bishop of our Ward we lived in, and I idolized his Mother. She reminded me of Laura Petrie from the Dick Van Dike show. She was the sweetest loving Mother, just perfected. We came from a small town, it was a great up-bringing for both of us. So we are your typical Primary going, MIA attending, My husband Served an Honorable Mission, Mormon kids. So the Story Goes....
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment